HRDC Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility Policy
Purpose, Values, and Commitments
At HRDC, we envision a place where poverty has no impact because opportunities and quality of life are equally afforded to everyone. Achieving our mission of equitable opportunity for all requires mutual respect, continuous learning, and meaningful inclusion in the face of historic and present-day exclusion.
We will not tolerate discrimination, biases, harassment, microaggressions, or bullying of any kind, regardless of race, socio-economic status, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, gender, or marital status. We are an organization that celebrates the richness of our community and acknowledges the diversity within it. We value lived experience and nontraditional backgrounds.
Our work at HRDC often involves addressing economic inequalities in our community, and we cannot fight for economic justice and equal opportunity if we do not fight for social justice. We stand in solidarity with the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) and LGBTQ+ demanding justice in our community and nationwide.
- Diversity: We recognize and champion all aspects of diversity and
intersectionality of our community
- Equity: By honoring the unique circumstances and needs of each person, we are dedicated to impartial, just opportunities for all
- Inclusion: We meet people where they’re at and provide a welcoming space for all who engage with HRDC
- Accessibility: We prioritize breaking down all barriers to service access
In alignment with our organizational mission, we commit to:
- On-going education to become strong allies
- Fair, respectful and dignified treatment of others
- Creating opportunities for our community to thrive
- On-going evaluation of changes needed to ensure physical, cognitive,
linguistic, and learning accessibility