Chafee Foster Care Program
Here to support and empower foster youth By Providing a successful transition into adulthood
HRDC’s Youth Development department provides CFCP to Gallatin, Park, Meagher, Lewis and Clark, Jefferson, and Broadwater Counties. The CFCP supports are eligible to current and former foster youth between the ages of 14 and 21. The program focuses on providing career exploration, mentoring, and preventive health activities, and is a major advocate for foster care youth. CFCP is a program dedicated to supporting foster youth in various ways. The amount and frequency of meetings are completely up to the youth, and Chafee staff are here to support and empower foster youth.
CFCP services give eligible foster youth support while in foster care and continue to provide assistance when youth transfer into our community.
- Academic Support
- Life skills
- Career Exploration and Planning
- Vocational Training
- Financial Assistance and Budgeting
- Job Placement and Retention
- Substance Abuse Prevention
- Preventative Health Activities
- ETV Scholarship
- Post-Secondary Preparation
- Transition to Self-Sufficiency
Access to $5,000 for schooling
- Support in obtaining vital documents
- Connections to the community
- Financial support (for school clothes, supplies, fees for social security and birth certificates, etc.)
- Support in individual needs and goals
Chafee is a program dedicated to supporting foster youth in various ways. The amount and frequency of meetings are completely up to the youth, and Chafee staff are here to support and empower foster youth.