Chafee Foster Care Program
Here to support and empower foster youth By Providing a successful transition into adulthood
HRDC’s Chafee providers serve Gallatin, Park, Meagher, Lewis and Clark, Jefferson, and Broadwater Counties. These supports are generally available for current and former foster youth between the ages of 14 and 21. Please reach out for any questions! We would love to connect with you.
Chafee providers meet with youth in the community, provide one-to-one independent living skills training, connect youth to resources in their area, and walk alongside youth as they set and pursue goals for success.
Chafee services give eligible foster youth vital support while in foster care and beyond. We can help with essentially anything related to “independent living” – whatever interests or goals the youth may have. Chafee also offers financial support and we partner with Reach Higher Montana to connect youth to up to $5,000 yearly financial aid!
Some main areas we help with:
- Career Exploration and Planning
- Vital Documents
- Driver’s License and Transportation
- Housing and Home Management
- Life Skills i.e. Cooking, Resume
- Financial Assistance and Budgeting
- Job Placement and Retention
- Healthcare and Wellness
- Family and Community Connections
- Academic Support
- Post-Secondary and Vocational Training
- Education and Training Voucher – up to $5,000 per year for school!
- Individualized, hands on support
- Help with any questions youth may have as they transition to adulthood
- Incentives for completing goals, and a special incentive for attaining a high school diploma
- Access to the items Chafee has
Reach out to one of us to see about engaging! The program is entirely voluntary and youth can get involved at the level they would like.