Early Childhood Education
Language – Literacy – Math – Science – Socialization – School Readiness
HRDC’s Early Childhood Education is a high-quality education program for preschool aged children three to five years old. Our program is funded through a Head Start grant to serve 152 children in Gallatin and Park Counties.
Our focus provides for the healthy development of children and the strengthening of families including early learning services in education, health, nutrition, mental health, and disabilities, and support services for families such as housing and food assistance, education opportunities and financial coaching.
We encourage parents to be actively engaged in their child’s preschool experience, becoming strong advocates for their child’s continued education, healthy development, and later success in school and in life.
Our classrooms are located in Belgrade and Bozeman, and in Livingston through our recently announced partnership with the Livingston School District.
- Offering classes Monday-Thursday with five & seven hour classes.
- Healthy, nutritious, dietician approved meals (breakfast, lunch, and snack).
- Developmental assessment and screenings including growth, development, vision, hearing, and speech.
- Parent education opportunities and family events.
- Inclusive learning environment for all children including children with disabilities.
- Play based learning with natural environments.
- Individualized curriculum for every student.
- Child Care Licensed centers & a STARS to Quality program.
- Qualified teachers with bachelor degrees in early childhood education.
- Gain an understanding of essential educational milestones and ways to support your child in this development.
- Family Services to assist in identifying family strengths, interests, needs, and goals.
- Information on other community resources and agencies.
- Parenting information, education opportunities, resources, and support groups based on requests.
If you have a child three to five years old (must turn five after school districts age cut off of September 10) and your family is experiencing homelessness, receiving SNAP (Food Stamps), TANF or SSI, have a foster child or are below 130% of the federal poverty guidelines, you may qualify for our free services through Head Start.
2023 Gross Income Cap by Family Size:
Family of 2: $25,636
Family of 3: $32,318
Family of 4: $39,000
Family of 5: $45,682
Family of 6: $52,364
Family of 7: $59,046
Family of 8: $65,728
*each additional household member add $4,540
You an fill out an online application using the link provided above and our Enrollment Specialist will follow up with you by email for required supporting documents.
Or, you can print out and complete a printable application linked above and make an appointment to turn in the application and supporting documents by calling 406.586.9652.
“I am beyond thankful to have my child enrolled in Head Start, not only for the peer interaction and structure that she needed but also for the wonderful teachers and staff that she has been able to build a bond with. She was very nervous and scared to start school, in the beginning it was a tough transition, everyone has been able to make her feel comfortable and confident in a way that is fun for her and now she is sad when it’s not a school day. Thank you Head Start for giving my little girl an opportunity to flourish and love school”
“Both my girls are/ have attended HRDC. They have learned so much from attending the Belgrade HRDC. My youngest has been sick and struggles to be apart from me but when she goes to class she tells me all about her day. My oldest, now in 2nd grade loved her teachers, learned so much, and was so happy to attend. Everyone is so kind and helpful. They put the families first. I am thankful for everyone there.”