Emergency Energy Assistance
Are you in danger of losing heat in your home tonight or in the coming days?
For year-round energy emergencies, HRDC administers Energy Share of Montana (ESOM), which provides zero interest loans to help you cover your energy bill or repair furnaces or water heaters. Energy Share offers support to households who are either without or soon to be without heat or power. Energy Share loans can be repaid with payments as low as $20 per month.
An emergency zero interest loan to help you cover your energy bill or other heat related emergencies.
Example energy emergencies
- A shut-off notice from the power company.
- No funds to purchase heating fuel.
- Inability to obtain heat or power due to a past bill.
- Repair or replacement of a non-functioning furnace or water heater.
- Damages that impact the ability to heat the home.
Eligibility for Energy Share is based on each household’s situation. Energy Share applications are reviewed and decided upon by a local board committee.